The vivas are over for another year, which means that it is less than six months until the next written exam.
For those of you planning to sit the first exam in 2018 it is probably time to revisit your study plan to see how you are tracking.
For those aiming for the second sitting next year, it is time to put pen to paper and make a study plan and timetable.
Here is a list of the types of resources you could include:
- ANZCA Curriculum (Learning outcomes mapped to the primary examination) – here is great site
- Online MCQ collections (a previous study tips post covered the Black Bank and also applies to newer collections)
- Past SAQ papers (including examiner reports)
- Operating theatre teaching – Rudyard Kipling can help with this one
- Other internet resources (try googling ‘anaesthesia exam technique resources’)
- Study notes from past trainees – bear in mind that the real benefit of study notes comes from creation not consumption
- Exam technique resources
- Psychology support – managing exam anxiety
If there are others you know about feel free to leave a comment below.